WP Assurance is our maintenance and support plan for handcrafted WordPress sites. You can start your Assurance Plan after launching a new site with us, or have us take over management of your pre-existing site.
WordPress is one of the web’s most popular and powerful content management systems, and because of its popularity, it’s frequently a target for hackers and attackers who aim to infiltrate sites to distribute dangerous software, place malicious ads, and otherwise wreak havoc on your site.
If the software isn’t kept up to date, it can expose your site to security risks and unpredictable errors associated with using outdated software. It’s also far simpler to update on a regular basis than to attempt to update software that’s a year old to the newest version, which is why we recommend regular, proactive updates.
No one can guarantee a perfectly secure site (no matter what software or web host you’re using), but
keeping your WordPress software and plugins up to date is one of the best ways to prevent a malicious attack or errors related to outdated software. In addition to the best-practice WordPress security we provide for every site we build, the WordPress Assurance package provides:
- Weekly updates to the WordPress core software and all plugins, plus as-soon-as-possible updates for all WordPress core software and plugin security releases.
- Creation of a post-upgrade quality assurance procedure, which will define a set of features and functionality that we will double-check after every upgrade to ensure the software changes have not had any unexpected effects on your site.
- Automatic daily backups of your site files and database, stored securely in the cloud by a trusted backup and storage provider.
- Priority response time for all requests and communication related to the site – you “skip the queue” every time you get in touch with us, taking precedent over other projects and activities.
- Up to 3 hours per quarter of additional maintenance, support, and other communication during regular business hours (8:30 AM to 4:30 PM MT, excluding holidays and planned vacation periods). This reserved support time does not roll over to the next quarter.
- This allotment of reserved priority support time is in addition to the time spent on the upgrades and performance audit tasks described above.
- We request that the client assign no more than two people to act as points of contact for support requests. The addition of more contact points will require an expansion to the scope and project fee.
- We will also communicate with third-party plugin developers and support staff for third-party applications as needed to accomplish our support and upkeep goals.
- This project does not include after-hours support. We recommend reaching out directly to your web host’s support team for any emergency issues that arise outside of business hours. If you’d like to add 24/7 support to this project, please contact us and we will review the options with you (which will include a scope and fee expansion).
- From time to time, changes or additions may be requested that require a greater development investment than the quarterly priority support hours included in this project. In these cases, we will provide a fixed project fee for the additions. This is generally required for larger-scale changes, such as new custom plugin or theme development.
What if I don’t choose WP Assurance?
The WordPress Assurance plan is optional, but if you choose to operate your site without a maintenance, support and upgrade plan, you’ll need to be sure that you have other resources (e.g. an in-house IT team) who can handle these tasks. Without WordPress Assurance:
- You will be responsible for all upgrades to your software, and delays in upgrading could open your site to security risks.
- You will be responsible for keeping backups of your site and understanding how to restore those backups if a data loss occurs.
- All support and maintenance requests will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis, which means you could wait 1-2 weeks for support during busy time periods.
- All support and maintenance requests will be billed as mini-projects, with a minimum project fee of $300 per support request. Each request will require a new quote and agreement, which means we won’t be able to jump on an issue right away (we’ll need to provide a quote and get your approval first).
We know it’s a big decision to dive into a relationship with a new web partner for a high-value project. The hard truth is that it can be very difficult to accurately judge the quality of a web developer without first-hand experience – especially if you’re not an expert in web development yourself.
With most developers, you’re stuck in a Catch-22. You need to try them out to really know if they’re the right fit, but you have to risk a lot of time and money on that trial.
That’s why we’re different. We start every relationship with our unparalleled 30-Day Unconditional 100% Money-Back Guarantee.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your experience working with us – for any reason – within 30 days of the approval of our first project together, we will provide a 100% refund of all payments you have made, and you will retain full rights to everything we have built for you.
In other words, you get your money back and you keep all the work completed as our gift to you.
We’re willing to take all the risk on this one, because we know we will rock your world. Our goal is to create win-win relationships with businesses and organizations that become partners for life. Today is the first step on that journey together.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
For Quarterly WordPress Assurance plans, you can cancel at any time and receive a pro-rated refund for the remainder of your most recent payment. For annual plans, you can cancel for a full refund within 30 days of payment, but payments are not refundable after 30 days.